Re: Language support

On Fri, Nov 19, 1999 at 05:04:42AM +0900, GOTO Masanori wrote:
> From: Peter Novodvorsky <petya@logic.ru>
> If we want to stop this 'fork', we maybe realize either:
> the combination of console-tools and frame-buffer-ed kernel displays
> wide characters, or the use of multilingual frame-buffer terminal
> (it isn't appeared now) in Debian bootdisk.
It's not only the problem with display wide characters: Debian's
installation system relies on slang library.  AFAIK, we have two
versions of this library: slang1 and slang1-ja.  This means that
the installation program (dbootstrap) shoulbe linked against slang1
or slang1-ja depending on what version we are building.  Or these
two versions are not that different?

Regards,

--
Mike