Re: dbootstrap: system and err msgs

On Wed Nov 17, 1999 at 10:52:37PM -0500, Adam Di Carlo wrote:

> [This is a resend -- the other one didn't seem to make it...]
>
> Where is the code in dbootstrap to redirect errors to tty3 ?
>
> It seems to me we should define our own "system" wrapper function,
> which redirects stderr, and maybe even logs to tty3, i.e., "running
> cmd 'foo'" or whatever.  Of course, it should deal with serialconsole
> as well...
>
> Is this a good idea?  Any volunteers? I'm not much of a C hacker...

As soon as I get usyslogd into busybox (which may be tonight
if I don't get tired too soon) you can just use syslog(3).

That way, init & dbootstrap can use the same logging mechanism,
which will work for serial console users as well.

 -Erik

--
Erik B. Andersen   Web:    http://www.xmission.com/~andersen/
                   email:  andersee@debian.org