Re: [sls@datamart.com: Base14-10.bin is broken?]

Benjamin T Sunshine-Hill <sneftel@electriciti.com> writes:
> On 13 Nov 1999, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> > Chris Waters <xtifr@dsp.net> writes:
> >
> > > Actually, it's more likely to be rawrite2 that can't handle a 9.3
> > > filename.
> >
> > Oh god, you're probably right.

> That seems unnecessaey to me. Given that rawrite and similar programs
> simply write a full image (with no regard to filesystem type or content),
> the files and filenames in the image would be unaffected. The only
> remaining effect from rawrite would be the disklabel, if for some reason
> rawrite sets the disklabel from the filename of the image file (no reason
> why it should, as the disklabelwould be part of the image). If this is,
> indeed, the case, then it would be a simple matter to rename the disks
> with a dos or win utility.

No, you don't understand what we think happened.  We think the user
actually tried to write the base14-10.bin disk to floppy but because
of the filename length and that rawrite doesn't understand this 9.3
filename, the base14-1.bin image actually got written.

This is fixed in the CVS boot-floppies, since this file is now
disks-1.44/base-10.bin .