Re: Mapscrn utility for boot-floppies.

On Fri, Nov 12, 1999 at 11:19:04PM +0300, Peter Novodvorsky wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Nov 1999, Matej Vela wrote:
> > OK, I've built an untested KOI8-R font with an embedded screen font
> > map; it's available from <http://www.debian.org/~vela/koi8-r.psf>.
> >
> > Does it work for you?
>
> Oh, I can't belive my eyes...
> Sorry for dumb question, can you tell me exact commands that you did
> with original koi8-r font file to make this file.

Well, I first wrote a screen font map which combines iso01.sfm and
koi8-r.sfm (you can extract it from the above using
`psfgettable koi8-r.psf').  This screen font map provides ISO 8859-1
Unicodes for KOI8-R characters; that way the thing works with the
default kernel mapping of user input to ISO 8859-1 Unicodes.  Then I
added it to the original font using
`psfaddtable koi8-r-8x16.psf my-own-koi8-r.sfm koi8-r.psf'.

The background details are explained in the console-tools
documentation.