Re: request more info on net install

On Fri Nov 12, 1999 at 06:36:07PM -0500, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> "Sean 'Shaleh' Perry" <shaleh@valinux.com> writes:
>
> > Hi all, what are we looking at grabbing via net access?  Just the
> > basex_x.tgz?
>
> Yup.  Obviously, having a cmd-line http/ftp fetcher would be very nice
> on the recue disk -- say, suppose that we allowed a http fetch to a
> "quick install" configuration file, which maybe could be used to skip
> the dbootstrap run or whatever.

busybox has a mini netcat implementation in it (not currently turned
on for the boot floppies, but it is there none the less).  It can be
easily scripted.

    [andersen@slag busybox]$ ./busybox mnc 207.179.39.5 80
    HEAD /index.html HTTP/1.1
    Host: www.lineo.com

    HTTP/1.1 200 OK
    Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 23:59:10 GMT
    Server: Apache/1.3.3 (Unix)
    Last-Modified: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 21:17:51 GMT
    ETag: "2485a-3326-3829e0ff"
    Accept-Ranges: bytes

Very lightweight if it suits the need...

 -Erik

--
Erik B. Andersen   Web:    http://www.xmission.com/~andersen/
                   email:  andersee@debian.org