Re: request more info on net install

"Sean 'Shaleh' Perry" <shaleh@valinux.com> writes:

> Hi all, what are we looking at grabbing via net access?  Just the
> basex_x.tgz?

Yup.  Obviously, having a cmd-line http/ftp fetcher would be very nice
on the recue disk -- say, suppose that we allowed a http fetch to a
"quick install" configuration file, which maybe could be used to skip
the dbootstrap run or whatever.

> I am currently looking at using snarf.  It is 20.6k.  I think I can clean out
> another 1 or 2k.

I think a 1 or 2k savings wouldn't be worth forking.  Is it a C
program?  Compiling with -Os can help sometimes.

Please contact the Debian maintainer and mention that we're
considering adding it to the rescue disk, and whether he has idea,
and/or whether he's willing to make sizing reduction changes in order
to get the size smaller...