Re: dbootstrap now working, busybox needs serial con change.

On Fri Nov 12, 1999 at 12:18:12AM -0500, Raul Miller wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 11, 1999 at 10:08:21PM -0700, Erik Andersen wrote:
> > Agreed it is messy, but it would work... I'm open to other suggestions.
> > We could use screen (but it is 212k -- far too big). I suppose that
> > we could just send logging stuff to /dev/null when folks use a serial
> > console.
>
> Why not redirect errors to a file when folks use a serial console?
>
> [And of course serial console folks need to be able to get a shell
> somehow..]

Something like:

    log=fopen("/var/log/messages", "a");
    if (log==NULL)
	log="/dev/null";
?

I can't think of a good way for init to handle the shell issue other
than ctrl-Z (which will probably hose the console since dbootstrap is
doing slang stuff. Other than that (or a nice sig handler) there will
need to be a dbootstrap method for that...

 -Erik

--
Erik B. Andersen   Web:    http://www.xmission.com/~andersen/
                   email:  andersee@debian.org