Re: dac960 devices on boot-floppies

been there, done that. as far as I can tell, the following things have to
happen in order for the dac960 to be supported:

/dev/rd/* devices on root.bin and base system (/dev/MAKEDEV has this, but the
current entry creates 2048 devices which is unreasonable for a ramdisk image)

dac960 driver in kernel-image (currently a loadable module)

and finally, the difficult one:

dbootstrap/libfdisk/etc must recognize /dev/c0d0 as an installation candidiate
for partition/base install/system install/etc.

since the dac960 has been merged into the kernel as of 2.2.13 (?) I assume the
/dev/rd/* location in /dev has linus's blessing.. do we expect other hardware
of this type to use a similar format for /dev entries?