Re: New style raid support during install (was Re: kernel support, v0.36 v's v0.9)

On Sat, Nov 06, 1999 at 05:10:15PM -0500, Adam Di Carlo wrote:

> Ok -- I'm forwarding this also to the kernel-image maintainer, Herbert
> Xu, for comment.  Could this be modularized, btw?

It can be modularised if we used initrd.  Otherwise it can't.

One thing to note is that our kernel-image is already so close to the
maximum size for bzImages that I had to disable a couple of things last
time around just to get it to build.

So we probably can't add to many features until we get initrd going for
*both* the install floppy and insalled systems.