status (Re: New fixes and new bugs found.)
So, is 2.2.2 still hosed?
I'm in the middle of a conversation on IRC with the release manager
right now. Obviously, our first priority is fixing 2.2.2 so it works
again (see my last email -- we can back out to old busybox if
necessary). I think his plan is that we go into bug-fixing freeze
this weekend, which is mostly all about fixing RC bugs. His
expectation as I understand it is that we are ready for a "test cycle"
(with a new working boot-floppies and CD system) by the last week of
November or Dec 1 at latest.
He is really hoping for a release prior to xmas, which I find rather
optimistic, but possible.
So our priorities are to try to complete the following by the last
week of November, or Dec 1:
* fix problems regarding busybox, or back out busybox
* apt-get configurator [we have a debconf one, but I'm still not
sure that is suitable, since debconf isn't base-ready]
* new profiles selector UI [wasn't someone working on this?]
Things that would be nice, and I *really* want potato to include:
* http via base [Marcel was working on this, right?]
* dhcp/bootp support [Anyone?]
* x configurator [we just need a post-install task to run xviddetect
and select the right pkg based on that, possibly prompting to run
the XF86Setup or whatever package for X configuration]
.....Adam Di Carlo....adam@onShore.com.....<URL:http://www.onShore.com/>