Re: [Heikki Vatiainen <hessu@cs.tut.fi>] HPT366 UDMA support for boot disks, here is what I did

Herbert Xu <herbert@gondor.apana.org.au> wrote:
> Well it's too risky for us to integrate patches of this sort which may
> destablise other IDE chipsets.  The best we can do is to provide an
> alternative boot disk with the patch applied.

Even if the UDMA modified kernel will not go to the boot disks,
could you still consider applying the /dev/hd[e-h] creation
patches that were also in my original mail?

If someone decides to drop in a modified kernel, the device files
will be ready for him. One of the problems I had when I did the
patch was that devices from hde to hdh had not been created in
/target/dev/ and were not available in /dev/ after the first
reboot.

// Heikki
--
Heikki Vatiainen                  * hessu@cs.tut.fi
Tampere University of Technology  * Tampere, Finland