Re: New busybox breaks everything

"Craig H. Block" <craig.block@mindspring.com> writes:

> Please allow me to inject my opinion here. Since we all know it _is_
> broken, why don't you all just commit back the original known working
> code and wait until someone can claim ownership of the new busybox
> integration.  Then that person can solve the problem(s) and commit code
> that works.  Seems kind of silly to leave the package broken waiting for
> someone to do something about it.

No no no no no!  You don't understand CVS.  Follow Craig's advice and
I shall shoot you and/or revoke your CVS permissions.

If you want, just use the sticky tag from version 2.2.1 in
utilities/busybox directory, or use a date tag.

CVS has time-travel capabilities.  Committing old versions of files
over new ones is just going to bloat the diffs.  I'd do that if we're
definately forking from busybox upstream, which is not something I'm
willing to do yet (forks are evil).