GRUB vs. LILO

What's the status of making GRUB an optionon installation? The
rationale is that I'm still getting complaints on the
ridiculous 1024 cylinders limitation and LILO won't support
LBA. In my humble opinion we should scrap LILO, but we already
had this discussion in this list last month and decided it
isn't a good idea yet (IIRC), so perhaps we could at least give
it as an option? LILO sucks, we have to admit it.

[]s,
                                               |alo
                                               +----
                 Resistance is futile.