Re: Essential bloat

> By the way, booting with the rescue and drivers and downloading the
> rest via modem should be made an option for the installation.

Yes, an option to "download the base via ftp" would be very
nice as well.

If there are no other computers
nearby, I am usually forced to first boot with
LOAF (or some other single-floppy linux, I haven't explored
this much), partition, configure modules/network there,
ftp base2_1.tgz).  Then the normal debian install.
Not very convenient:  is this the best way?
Would ftp fit on the boot floppies?
Then I could just do it from the shell.

- Dave