Re: Status of boot-floppies on Alpha?

marcel@debian.org (Marcel Harkema) writes:

> On Tue, Oct 12, 1999 at 04:25:24PM +0200, Falk Hueffner wrote:
>   Are you a debian developer?  Then you can commit changes yourself.
>   If not I'll be happy to apply them for you.

Well, I am a Debian developer, but I'm behind a firewall and can't use
CVS, so it would be nice if you could commit those patches. Shouldn't
break anyhing I'm pretty sure. While at it, could you please also add
ash to the dependencies? scripts/rootdisk/mklibs.sh uses it.

> > I'm not sure lowmemrd is really needed for Alpha anyway... Were there
> > alphas at any time with < 16 MB RAM? The lowest I've ever heard was
> > 32.
>
>   Nod.  You can drop lowmem support.

I'll make a patch that skips it and post it here (=debian-boot).

> > Well, building root.bin seemed to work (after I noticed I have to
> > install ash...), but if I chroot into it I get
> >
> > /bin/sh: error in loading shared libraries: /bin/sh: symbol sys_siglist, version GLIBC_2.1 not defined in file libc.so.6.1 with link time reference
>
>   You can turn off library reduction for now (afaik i386 is the only
>   arch on which library reduction works currently?).  See rootdisk.sh,
>   and look for 'reduction'.

Ok, I'll do that.

	Falk