Re: resc1440 and base for potato

On Tue, Sep 28, 1999 at 10:03:32PM -0700, Craig H. Block wrote:
> Hello list people and developers;
>
> I'm hoping to get my hands on a "base?_?.tgz" and resc1440.bin file for
> potato.  Are there any I can try out?  I have a system that's only
> purpose in life is to play with potato.  Its a good machine;
>
> dual Pentium Pro 200, 2 UDMA EIDE drives, 256 Meg of FPM RAM, two
> 3C905-TX NIC's, 3C 56K modem, SB16

  There are images at http://pandora.debian.org/~marcel/attic/boot-floppies/

  Stuff not included in those images:
     - network script fixes for older kernels (Per Edmund).
     - driver installation from harddisk (it works from floppy though),
       I still need to update this part of the code.
     - handling of the new tasks system.
     - modconf seems to be broken, I can't install ethernet drivers.
       I haven't looked into this yet..

  These images are not thoroughly tested!

> I can swipe the root partition at will and am willing to try untested
> stuff.  I'd like to help in any way I can.  It would really stoke me to
> be able to contribute to this project that has been so rewarding for me
> as a user.

  I will upload new i386 images in 6 hours or so, around 15:00 hrs CET to
  the url mentioned above.

  Adam is planning a source upload too IIRC.  I don't know if he set a date
  yet.