Re: Boot-floppies hacking

Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> Martin Schulze <joey@finlandia.Infodrom.North.DE> writes:
>
> > As a result of missing leadership in the boot-floppies team and
> > missing proper coding at the Kongress the idea arose to provite
> > a weekend for boot-floppies hacking.
>
> Honestly, I don't know what a weekend would buy us.  I suggest we
> simply find a new boot-floppies leader, hopefully from amongst the
> current hackers...

One advantage of such a meeting+weekend would be that n people
would meet, discuss and implement techniques face-to-face.  The
current situation is worst.  There were some ideas, they would
have to be tried out.  Unfortunately one person cannot do this
since it would mean to grok the whole system.  With more people
there could be some ideas implemented etc.

I'm not saying that we should define a weekend like bug-squashing
parties.  It would mean to meet face-to-face at some location and
also be reachable through the net for those people who want to
attend but can't afford to attend due to long distances etc.

Regards,

	Joey

--
We all know Linux is great... it does infinite loops in 5 seconds.
        - Linus Torvalds