Re: Debian Release Critical Bugs Query

Josip Rodin <joy@cibalia.gkvk.hr> writes:

> For that reason, I would like your comments about some of these bugs:
>
> Package: base (pseudo).
> Maintainer: Enrique Zanardi <sr1-boot-floppies@debian.org>
>   39753 base: (potato): System create /var/log/wtmp.utmpd and program search for /var/log/wtmp
>   40853 base: current potato init seems to like rerunning rc2.d upon any logins (root or user)

I don't think these are boot-floppies bugs.  Someone needs to
investigate them and track down the true responsibility.

> Package: boot-floppies (main).
> Maintainer: Enrique Zanardi <debian-boot@lists.debian.org>
>   35729 rootdisk: Installation from 5.25" floppies seems to require resc1440.bin

Not a potato bug.  We will probably drop 5.25" floppy support from
potato boot-floppies.

>   36947 boot-floppies: base.tgz not found - no error message

This is definately a problem.  There is not enough sanity checking
during the phase where base.tgz is unpacked.  Would be nice to fix for
slink, too....

> We have made a list of questions that may help you give us quality
> information. Of course, this is not intended to be any kind of
> interrogation, but we would appreciate your input.
>
>   In your opinion, are these reports really bugs, and release-critical?

See above.

>   Do you think it is reasonable to release potato without these packages,
>   if the bugs cannot be fixed in time?

See above.

>   Do you have a time estimate for when you can deal with these bugs?

No.

>   Could you use help?  Do you need specific tasks to be done by others?

Boot-floppies could always use help.  Helpers should get the CVS
sources and join debian-boot list.

>   Will you mind if a non-maintainer upload is made to fix these bugs?

Yes -- bugs need to be fixed in CVS.

Note we don't even have a potato boot-floppies yet.