Re: Russian patch #1

Matej Vela <vela@debian.org> writes:

> Please DO NOT APPLY this patch!  It only duplicates the
> functionality of loadfont, which is already available.

I did not... and I'm the person who usually does do this kinda stuff.
:)

> Russian localization can work RIGHT NOW, without any patches.
>
> You need to write a Unicode-to-font mapping and embed it in the
> desired font by using psfaddtable(1). Then place that font in
> /usr/src/boot-floppies/scripts/rootdisk/consolefonts, and add
> `export FONT=<name-of-the-modified-font>' and
> `export SFONT=<name-of-the-original-font>' to the top-level Makefile.

Hmm... couldn't you hack the top level makefile to do these steps,
when the LINGUA setting is set right?

[rest of explanataion deleted]
> (Sorry, but at the moment I don't have enough time to give a full, or
> even sane, explanation.  Contact me privately if you are interested
> why this must be done this way or need help doing it.)

You poor international users!  And I felt proud because I got my
compose key working recently...