Re: Ignoring dependance on "important" packages?

On Sat, Jul 17, 1999 at 07:58:47PM +0200, Martin Bialasinski wrote:
[...]
> Secondly, I believe I can also remove the packages with
> priority important from the profiles. They are suppose to be installed
> anyway no?

No. The only packages that are supposed to be always installed are the
"Essential: yes" packages. I may remove lilo ("Priority: important")
and still have a working system (I may use loadlin or GRUB to boot).

> At least dselect has them always marked for installation. Or is there
> a list of packages with priority > standard that is selected with
> --set-selection?

dselect automatically marks for installation all _new_ packages with
priority > standard. Once the user modifies that selection, dselect won't
touch it.

--
Enrique Zanardi					   ezanardi@ull.es