Sink Installation Question (fwd)

As I don't know much about the details of the Sparc installation, I'm
forwarding this message to the boot-floppies mail-list.

----- Forwarded message from Brent Edwards <wbe@purdue.edu> -----

Date: Wed, 07 Jul 1999 09:00:55 -0500
From: Brent Edwards <wbe@purdue.edu>
To: ezanard@debian.org
Subject: Sink Installation Question

I am trying to install Debian 2.1 on a Sun Sparc LX.  I do not have a
monitor, keyboard, or mouse attached to the system.  I am connecting to
the system via the serial interface.

My question is this:
At the boot prompt am I supposed to pass an argument to instruct the
install that I am connected to the serial interface?  I know other Linux
flavors sometime use (linux serial) or something of the such.

As or right now this is the last thing I see during the installation:
VFS: Insert root floppy disk to be loaded into ramdisk and press ENTER
RAMDISK: Ext2 filesystem found at block 0
RAMDISK: Loading 1440 blocks into ram disk... done.
VFS: Mounted root (ext2 filesystem).
Freeing unused kernel memory: 40k code, 4k data

Many Thanks,

Brent Edwards
Purdue University Data Network

----- End forwarded message -----