Re: Strategy for boot-floppies

On Fri, Jul 02, 1999 at 03:49:46AM -0400, Adam Di Carlo wrote:

> >    Create a 2.88MB floppy to use as ElTorito boot image.  This floppy
> >    will contain the kernel and the root image.
>
> This sounds good.  I wonder if certain BIOS's will puke on it.

Massimo Dal Zotto <dz@cs.unitn.it> is working on some improvement for
Debian (joey, can you call him? He requested to became a developer - I
said him to be patient and not to flood you whith email..:-) )

Few days ago he show me his experimental boot floppies: the root is on
a separate floppy, so he is able to use a ~4MB root. Sould be trivial
to create une 2.88 MB floppy from two 1.44

Massimo, are you alredy on this list?

--
http://www.prosa.it       Tel: (+39) 049.660.519
E3 A5 DE 9D 6D 64 A4 70  DA EC 64 74 46 5E C8 2E