aic7xxx unable to start!

hi,

I am unble to boot my bi-PII with an onboard adaptec aic7895 SCSI
controller. I tried the suggested aic7xxx options at the boot prompt but
still my system hangs during the aic7xxx detection. The chipset is
detected but it seems that the bus is reset (even when trying
aic7xxx=no_reset) and never recovers!

I see in the install manual that this seems to be a known problem with
aic7xxx :-(
Is there anything i can do to get passed that detection problem? Apart
from buying a new scsi controller that is.

setup: biPII Iwill DBS100 motherboard with onboard dual channel SCSI
aic7895 controller.
       debian 2.1r0 CD

thanks in advance.
dom.