Re: Notebook install

On Sun, May 16, 1999 at 11:59:33PM +0200, Karl B. Hammar wrote:

>   I don't think that it is possible presently, since the bootdisks do
> a dd to the MBR and activate your root partition.
> It looks like it is using a DOS-like MBR: find active partition and load
> os from there.
> And I have not found any lilo on the resc*.bin.

The bootdisks install lilo on the same partition where the root
filesystem is installed (it's on the base system). The MBR boots lilo
from that partition. So, it's possible to use a different lilo.conf while
installing the system, and give options to boot other OSes on the same
machine. We just don't have the lilo.conf editor ready yet (but we want
to have it for potato).

--
Enrique Zanardi					   ezanardi@ull.es