cfdisk and libslang problems

I've found that on my devel PReP system (using a serial console), I can
run cfdisk with no problems.

However, after building a rescue disk from the current mirror of packages,
I find that the cfdisk fails when running from the rescue disk.  I'm using
a serial console for booting in this case as well, I've verified that all
the dependent libraries are the same as on my development system and that
the cfdisk binary is the same.  If I shell out from dbootstrap and run
cfdisk from the cli I get this:

># cfdisk
>S-Lang Error: Unknown Error Code
>SLcurses_initscr: init failed
>
>#

And then my terminal is completely hung.  Any slang gurus got a clue or
anybody seen this before?

--
Matt Porter
mmporter@home.com