Re: makedev fixes, etc.

**** A ****
If someone whith the problematic chipsets (adaptec aic7xxxx) is willing to
test, I have made resc1440.bin and drv1440.bin available at
ftp;/kalle.csb.ki.se/pub/*, they are made according to the cookbook in an
earlier message
(http://www.debian.org/Lists-Archives/debian-testing-9904/msg00059.html).
Use at own risk (as usual).
Please report success and/or failures

**** B ****
The patch failed on kernel-source-2.0.36-3, but not on the vanilla source.

**** C ****
According to source after patching, it is using 5.1.13.
This is not for making a new kernel into slink. It is for narrowing in on
the problem, to see what works and what don't.

Cheers,
/Karl

Karl Hammar		Aspö Data		karl@kalle.csb.ki.se
Lilla Aspö 2340		+46 173 140 57
S-742 94 Östhammar				Professional Linux Solutions
Sweden			+46 70 511 97 84 (mobile)