Re: makedev fixes, etc.

Adam Di Carlo <adam@onshore.com> writes:

   The only remaining crucial problem is the AIC7xxx bugs.  Doesn't
   anyone on these lists here have an adaptec device which experiences
   problems?  Couldn't we try the newer adaptec drivers either from
   adaptec or from Alan Cox's patches to 2.0.36?

I have an AIC7xxx in my main machine, but it's always worked with
every kernel I've tried.  I think that the AIC7xxx problems must only
affect a small proportion of the AIC7xxx's out there.
--
"Let others praise ancient times; I am glad I was born in these."
--Ovid (43 BC-18 AD)