Re: busybox

bruce@perens.com writes:

> From: Adam Di Carlo <adam@onshore.com>
> > About this busybox, is the Debian boot-floppies busybox forked from
> > your busybox?
>
> I ripped it from the Debian unstable boot-floppies sources a day or two ago.

If you used the 2.1.9 sources from the archive, that's pretty out of
date.  I can arrange to get you CVS access if you like.

> I wrote it years ago as part of the boot-floppies package, but it it
> is more general and I'd like to get people other than Debian using
> it as well.

Sounds good.

> I plan to document it and clean it up a bit. If I'm not mistaken, it's
> entirely undocumented.

Probably.

> There is some debian-specific low-memory code that is sort of hacked
> in and I would like to modularize that component so that other
> people can choose not to use it.

Odd -- I wonder why.

> > Are there any plans to maintain this in parallel?
>
> Please consider me the upstream maintainer.

Interesting problem.  I'll leave it to Enrique how to deal with this.
Currently, as you know, we maintain this code in our CVS area.  It's
no problem, really, doing "upstream imports".

I suggest you subscribe to the debian-boot list, BTW, since we're the
most active users of the software, and we are pretty much the first
line of support for it right now -- hopefully this will change soon,
if your intent to make this into general s/w is successful.