Re: Graphical boot floppies test 2--now with mouse support!

Ben,

	I tried it out. Here are my observations :

1.	There are a couple of messages that flash up on screen and
disappear without letting the user read what they say. Unfortunately,
since I couldnt read the messages, I cant tell you what they were about.
Could we please make a log of errors produced by the install process?
(Yes I know that this feature isnt there in the current install process,
but its about time.)
2.	The mouse (PS/2) definitely doesnt work. The dmesg output claims
that the mouse was detected. When the first screen for user input comes
up, the mouse cursor is at the top left corner. But no matter which way I
move the mouse, it disappears below the bottom of screen.
3.	The showstopper was the filesystems. 'cat /proc/filesystems' shows
that ext2, minix, proc, and iso9660 are available. Unfortunately, the
rescue disk itself appears to be umsdos. Hence the install process cant
mount the disk it booted from! Am I doing something silly here?
4.	This is a problem that may not be upto you to solve, but I report
it just on the offchance that someone knows what the problem is. For the
first time ever, a kernel has autodetected my cdrom present on /dev/hde,
without me having to specify the ioport addresses and IRQ's. Of course,
the cdrom was detected on /dev/hdi (!!), which kinda detracts from the
achievement, but hey, its progress!

	On the good side, the fbcon and the boot logo works! I tried this
out when 2.2.1 came out, but my machine used to hang. Obviously things
have improved since then.

	From what I have seen so far, it looks good. If you can tell me
how to get past the floppy mounting problem, I can go through with the
rest of the install and tell you what happens next.

Regards,
Jor-el