Re: non-i386 arch mice?

Ben>    Detection is hmmm ... not easy. How will you detect ps/2
Ben> versus serial mice on i386?

Ben> Oh, *that* part is easy.  If you can open /dev/psaux then there
Ben> is a ps/2 mouse.  The kernel takes care of the device detection
Ben> for you.

Actually, there are better ways to detect the mice, but it's hard-core
-- you need to look at which lines on the port are high and which are
low.  There are certain electrical properties of the serial interface
for mice that allow one to detect the type.  I don't really know if
you'd need to, like, do a kernel module or something to get at that
kinda data, though.