Re: Releasing Slink (was Re: Please add new version of Release-Notes)

Hi,
On Tue, 2 Mar 1999, Steve McIntyre wrote:

> 2. Starting _now_ we have people building CD images for each platform.
>    These will need to be re-done again later as uploads are made, but we
>    need feedback _now_ if there are any missing packages or other CD image
>    problems.
>
> 3. On Friday final images are made for each of the release architectures.
>    I can do i386 and source, we need volunteers for m68k, alpha and sparc.
>    Let us know ASAP if you can help. Steve, you willing to do sparc still?
>    In theory, one person could do all of them, but in practice this just
>    does not work. And these need to be sanity checked before we pronounce
>    them ready to go.
I have uploaded to my account on master (cts) a file debian_cd_1.tar.gz
which should go into the root directory of the 1.st m68k disk, making life a
little easier for amiga users by providing icons for the most wanted files
and drawers. We also had a problem with amiboot (not executable), which,
according to Chris, might be solved by mastering with mkhybrid -R instead of
-r.
Im not the m68k image maintainer, AFAIK we still dont have an image
maintainer... but we need an image!

Ciao,
Christian.