Re: Missing packages for alpha
- To: Christopher C Chimelis <email@example.com>
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Missing packages for alpha
- From: Loic Prylli <Loic.Prylli@ens-lyon.fr>
- Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 14:02:58 +0100 (MET)
- Message-id: <14046.32434.989574.813896@porto>
- In-reply-to: <Pine.LNX.3.96.990304004117.10779Aemail@example.com>
- References: <14045.47521.651896.76338@porto> <Pine.LNX.3.96.990304004117.10779Afirstname.lastname@example.org>
Christopher C Chimelis writes:
> On Wed, 3 Mar 1999, Loic Prylli wrote:
> > This one is more complex, it is an binary-all package that depends on
> > libc6-pic, not easy to change, best is to completely remove the
> > dependency, or to remove it from binary-alpha.
> Couldn't it depend on libc6-pic | libc6.1-pic? I've seen a few packages
> with this type of dependency and it worked well.
Good idea, looks to me the right way to do it,
I have just commit this change to the CVS repository. Is any new
upload of the boot-floppies package planned?
If not, I propose to remove the boot-floppies deb from the Alpha CDs,
this would not be a problem as this package is mostly redondant with
the source package, does anybody object?