Re: where's the tecra kernel image?

On Sat, 20 Feb 1999 17:58:47 +0000, Enrique Zanardi <ezanardi@ull.es> said:
> On Mon, Feb 15, 1999 at 06:27:39PM -0500, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
>>  I'm concerned that the tecra images are required yet not
>> available.  Where can I get the kernel-image-2.0.36-*i386tecra.deb
>> files?
>>
>> [ Theoretcially, it should be part of the Debian archive, IMHO. ]

> But it isn't. Herbert uploads it periodically to Incoming on master,
> but not for inclusion on the archive (obviously that "i386tecra"
> architecture part is not valid).

> I've made a "kernel-patch-tecra" package that may be used to build
> tecra kernels. I haven't tested it yet, but I may put it on my web
> page on master if you wish.

Well, the point is so that others can build the x86 boot-floppies
without having special magic.  What I would like to see is a
kernel-image-2.0.36-tecra_2.0.36-1.deb or something, i.e., a special
package for tecra kernel images, and have the .deb be in the Debian
archive.

Having a kernel-patch-tecra package is a sensible alternative.

As it is, I can neither really build the boot-floppies, nor can I help
our Herbert by trying to merge the changes which Fabrizio made for his
thinkpad kernels into the tecra images. I think the fact that the
tecra image is so elusive only makes it a lot harder for us to support
things like tecra and thinkpads and wierd laptops.