Re: We're in trouble... again

On Fri, 29 Jan 1999, Enrique Zanardi wrote:

> fdisk has grown (35 KB bigger) on the latest util-linux package uploaded
> this week, and now the rescue floppy doesn't fit in a 1.44 MB floppy
> (again), ain't that funny?

Which version of util-linux are you using? (2.9g-6?) If so, the extra size
comes from the inclusion of code to handle sun/bsd/sgi/aix disk labels.
(so, the fdisk-sparc package should now be obsolete).

> I will work on that tomorrow (hints are welcome). Don't look for
> boot-floppies_2.1.6 today.

playing with gcc options, I got the binary size from 73004 down to 72972,
but I'm afraid it won't be enough. One solution may be to desactivate the
aix/sgi code since we don't ship mips/powerpc arch by now, but that would
just be a tmp hack.
Also, cfdisk is now i18n'd, so you may get more room (18k) by deleting
/usr/share/locale/fr/LC_MESSAGES/cfdisk.mo. (May have been cool to have
cfdisk localised during install too, but...)

	Cordialement,

--
- Vincent RENARDIAS  vincent@{{ldsol,pipo}.com,{debian,openhardware}.org} -
- Debian/GNU Linux:   http://www.openhardware.org    Logiciels du soleil: -