Re: amiga 'native OS' install

Adam Di Carlo wrote:

> Can I get confirmation for the file used to unpack the native OS
> install system on amiga?
>
> Michael previously wrote:
> > Amiga users will unpack install.lzh on the AFFS partition (creates
> > debian/)
>
> Yet in dists/hamm/main/disks-m68k/current/amiga/ and in
> master.debian.org:~schmitz/boot-floppies/ I see 'amigainstall.lha'.

That's right; I'd have asked the installer to change the name to install.lzh
or install.lha (whichever extension is recognized by the lha tool on
Amiga). If the name is amigainstall.lha in hamm and in Franky's install
guide
we should stick to it.

> Can I get the cannonical name?  (For Atari, too, if you know...)

The Atari file needs to be renamed to install.lzh (8+3 name space :-( ...).

and so on. We need to keep different names until after installation in the
disks-m68k/current/ subdirectories. If anyone can come up with a nicer
scheme, shoot. It's confusing.

Anyway: the latest snapshot of the m68k boot floppies is in
~schmitz/boot-floppies/beta, complete with changes file (the files in there
don't end on .2.1.4-m68k though the changes file uses these names; I didn't
want to spend another half hour uploading). If I can get some positive test
results I'd upload that stuff to Incoming and have it installed for those
crazy ones out there willing to test.

I've added the diff to vanilla 2.1.4 and a m68k-support.tar.gz containing
the
few things not in any Debian packages (Atari bootstrap and rawwrite added
for convenience, can be taken from the atari-bootstrap package instead). The
main Makefile has a section for creating the lzh format archives and a HFS
floppy
image, I've added a comment on getting the MacOS booter into the hybrid CD
image
as well. I've also added a package-m68k.sh script that does pretty much the
same job as make release, if you just want to quickly repackage things from
a built boot-floppies directory.
The diff should not be applied to the master CVS tree without removing the
'temporary-only-for-m68k' hacks such as the patches to master2files, master
and PACKAGES_m68k. My /dev/console hack in rootdisk.sh might also not please
the purist. But the rest _should_ be applied to make life easier for the
next
m68k boot floppies builder.

What's missing is install.doc files in the Atari and Mac packages (adapted
from
the m68k HTML install guides) and changelog entries. And, of course,
doing it all over again with the latest packages. And again, and ...

	Michael