Re: testing group -- please test the documentation

=== A ===
Ok, no problem with me.

=== B ===
My thinking goes like this:
when installing you don't have a second computer
you then need to have the instruction om paper
.

=== C ===
I meant that one could have the document in a course/class.
I would then give it to the pupils and say, here is the documentation,
follow it and install this OS.

=== D ===
Well, then I would say, have one document for each platform.

But then, if ==A== is no, there's really no point pushing this further.

Cheers,
/Karl

Karl Hammar		Aspö Data		karl@kalle.csb.ki.se
Lilla Aspö 2340		0173 140 57
S-742 94 Östhammar	070 511 97 84		Professionella Linuxlösningar
Sweden

On 16 Jan 1999, Adam Di Carlo wrote:

> On Mon, 11 Jan 1999 15:46:42 +0100 (CET), "Karl B. Hammar" <karl@kalle.csb.ki.se> said:
> > Thank you for your ansver, you made a very good point there (see *a*
> > below, HMH vs. tutorial).  Maybe we should split it in two
> > documents, one printer ready HMH and one tutorial.

=== A ===
> No no no!  I refuse to create another document just as another
> presentation style of the installation documentation.
>
> I feel that it should be a 'hold-my-hand' document.  OTOH, I refuse to
> ignore the various installation options such as NFS just because it
> creates more bulk.  Yes, less bulk is better, but documentation that
> doesn't even mention the alternative ways that the system is being
> installed (i.e., floppyless using a OS-loader like on m68k) is going
> to confuse and alienate users.
>
> > May I try my hands on the HMH thing?
>
> > If so, it's requirements will be: 1, it should be printer ready,
> > you'll need a paper copy of it during install 2, it must be easy for
> > the reader to syncronize between the screen and the paper

=== B ===
> We use SGML so it produces HTML and ASCII no problem; I can produce
> reasonably high-quality PDF or PS copies as well if that is desired.
> (I think including a PDF version would be good -- comments?)
>
> > 3, fit in a Linux course

=== C ===
> Don't know what this means.
>
> > It will handle theese choises: 1, media: cdrom, nfs and ftp

=== D ===