Re: Default LILO config -- prompt and timeout

Ben Gertzfield <che@debian.org> writes:

   I think we should change the default LILO config to prompt the
   user (so they don't have to hit shift to get a LILO prompt)
   and then time out in a reasonable value, say 7 seconds.

   This can be done by adding:

   prompt
   timeout=70

   to the default /etc/lilo.conf. Is the boot floppies package the right
   place for this? Making the user hit shift for a LILO prompt is oogy.

I agree with the `prompt' part, but 7 seconds is IMO too long.  2
seconds is more reasonable IMO and is the current value IIRC.
--
"To the engineer, the world is a toy box full of sub-optimized and
 feature-poor toys." --Scott Adams