Re: pkgsel

> With respect to pkgsel, I thought our ultimate idea (not really for
> slink) was to provide actual empty 'metapackages', which are just
> normal packages with a whole slew of dependancies and a little
> README/Changelog/etc in /usr/doc/<metapkgname> .
>
> Is this the plan?

How about another thought on how to do it.  Do a dpkg --get-selections.
Then compare what is currently installed to the groups of packages that
have been defined.  You then show the user if all, some, or none of the
group is currently installed.  The user then has the choice to change the
group to all or none.  Finally save the changes (will dpkg
--set-selections remove things?), maybe even offer to run apt-get.

Just my 5 cents (inflation) :-)
Brandon

| Brandon Mitchell * bhmit1@mail.wm.edu * http://bhmit1.home.ml.org/ |
|  Sometimes you have to release software with bugs. - MS Recruiter  |