Re: Jay Estabrook's Table of Supported Alpha Systems

On 12 Dec 1998, Adam Di Carlo wrote:

> Hello.  I am the Debian developer working on the Debian Installation
> Manual.  I was looking at Jay Estabrook's table of supported Alpha
> systems, found at
> http://www.redhat.com/support/docs/rhl/alpha/rh52-hardware-alpha.html

Hi always good to hear from another documentation person. I have been
lax in putting the copyrights in the documents (mainly because I dont
know if I was going  to use the OCL or the GPL on them. What are your
opinions or what are most debian publications in?)
My apologies for you having to go to this effort.

> This information looks like it might be useful for our purposes as
> well.  However, there is no copyright notice of any sort on the
> document at the URL above.  As such, without your permission, I
> cannot use/modify/repurpose that information.  Could I either obtain
> that permission or could you perhaps put a copyright notice on the
> document that permits modification and redistribution of the
> contents?

> Alternatively, if I might have Jay Estabrook's email address, I may
> ask him for permission to use his table of supported platforms.

Since I had permission from him to print it there... I would check with
him at

mailto:Jay.Estabrook@digital.com

I doubt he would have any problems with it, and since the document is
technically OCL or GPL I doubt there would be any problems with it.

Thankyou very much for asking me. Again my apologies for not putting the
cp notice there...

Please let me know if I can help in any other way.

--

 Many Bothans died to bring you this information.
SJS