Re: preselections, help needed...

On Fri, Dec 11, 1998 at 05:07:14PM +0100, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
> On Friday 11 December 1998, at 14 h 17, the keyboard of Enrique Zanardi
> <ezanardi@ull.es> wrote:
>
> > usr/src/boot-floppies/scripts/basedisks/new_root_home/{profiles,tasks}
>
> Thanks. First results:

Great! Which script are you using? Today I've added a few "check_*deps"
targets to boot-floppies Makefile, that use Richard Braakman's depcheck
scripts to find unsatisfied dependencies and non-existant packages.
The downside is that Richard scripts are in python, and I don't like
having YA interpreter in my system just for this.

> 22 packages are requested by the profiles but are not in slink. This is a bug,
> I'll investigate. Same thing for the tasks, often the same packages.
>
> 1961 packages are in slink but not requested by any profile. This is not a bug
> by itself, but 17 standard|important packages are in them. New packages of
> slink like "telnet" are in that category. I assume required packages are never
> in a profile. (16 standard|important packages are not requested at all,
> neither by a profile, nor by a task.)

IIRC, all the required packages are already on the base system, so
there's no need to add them to the profiles too.

> More during the week-end. People interested by the quest should mail to
> bortzmeyer@debian.org.
>
> What type of result do you prefer from me? Updated "profiles" and "tasks" file?

That's the best option, as that means less work for me. ;-)

--
Enrique Zanardi					   ezanardi@ull.es