Re: FreedomBox tasks and metapackage

Hi Sunil,

On Thu, Oct 08, 2020 at 04:17:41PM -0700, Sunil Mohan Adapa wrote:
> On 08/10/20 6:41 am, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > BTW, since the Debian Med hackathon I'm also working on a QA page
> > covering testing migrations, autokpgtest results etc.  If I would
> > only have more time to finish this ...
>
> I will try to lend a hand. Is the code available somewhere?

The code is here

    https://salsa.debian.org/blends-team/website/-/blob/master/webtools/qa.py

but this is basically done and assembles all data from UDD.  You need
a local copy of UDD or point the connection string to the public one.
The blocker are the genshi templates under

    https://salsa.debian.org/blends-team/website/-/tree/master/webtools/templates

(the two qa*.xhtml) where I somehow stoped working and had to take up
the ball again.

> Thank you for adding me to the team. Global changes to all blends sounds
> important. So, I have moved the repository under the Blends Team at
> blends-team/fbx and made it similar to other blends.

OK.

> > I've checked out your code and *just* *from* *locking* it looks
> > good. May be you might like to add more tasks if this is sensible.
>
> I kept a single task because many FreedomBox applications are not usable
> after installation even with some post install configuration. They need
> to be setup with domain names, TLS certificates, etc. This job is taken
> care by the FreedomBox web interface based on the current system
> configuration. Further, applications run all the time and take up
> resources. A typical previous generation single board computer can only
> run half a dozen application at a time.
>
> So, FreedomBox still has to be the discovery point for all the
> applications for users who then explicitly choose to install each app.
> Inside tasksel, a single unambiguous choice has to show up for the user
> to install the primary web interface itself. Eventually, we can explore
> better organization into multiple tasks for the sake of task/bug pages
> as long as user concerns are met.

I know to less about freedombox (unfortunately since its an absolutely
exciting project!) to comment on this.

> > Once you might have decided for a final location of your repository I
> > would volunteer to integrate it into the web sentinel (which you
> > have permissions now but I have some routine and would be happy to do
> > for you).
>
> Awesome! Thanks for offering to update the web sentinel. I will stand by
> and help were I can.

I'll let you know later today.