Re: State of Debian blends, notes and questions on debian-ezgo

at bottom :-

On 15/02/2019, Andreas Tille <tille@debian.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 15, 2019 at 11:52:38AM +0100, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
>> Quoting Andreas Tille (2019-02-15 08:50:44)
>> > From the beginning I disliked that name since I considered it
>> > misleading but I lost a vote with other contributors and had no better
>> > name suggestion myself.  You will not believe how hard I had to fight
>> > against this misleading name (those who invented the name drifted soon
>> > after to other projects ;-P ).  In 2008 I lost my nerves and decided
>> > to rename again.  BTW, my prefered name again was not the choice we
>> > have now but I think it is way better than Custom Debian
>> > Distributions.  The only common thing is that the vote was also quite
>> > dominated by non-contributors. ;-P
>>
>> Thanks for the backstory, Andreas.
>>
>> I am to blame for the current name.
>
> Its not really that I blame you about.  It was my second favourite
> suggestion and I can perfectly live with it.  I'm blaming others
> (definitely not you) to show up for the only purpose to decide on a name
> and than vanish.  (All people who keep on reading after so many years
> are clearly not vanished so non of the readers of this mail are to be
> blamed. ;-) )
>
>> Nowadays I don't use MoinMoin myself any longer, but the Debian wiki is
>> a huge task to convert to anything else.
>
> I do not think that the technique itself is the reason that lots of
> outdated information is in our Wiki.  Its the fact that people
> (including me) do not really care about documentation.
>
> Kind regards
>
>        Andreas.
>

> --
> http://fam-tille.de

Dear Andreas,

I have been more than a bit distracted lately, with work, events
everything just piling one after other. [1], [2]

I could have been part of Debutsav but then this task would have been
pushed back for even longer [3] .

Hence am back now. I would probably start writing tonight on the
subject. I have already made some efforts but still there are lots
more to go. For instance I believe (and I might have shared before) ,
it would be nice if each blend has its own theme and wallpaper. I have
talked to some design people about it who might contribute, I just
need to point to the resources once I sort of clean up the whole
thing.

I would be looking at the blends manual in more detail to see if I can
get some more info. and can make only suggestions if that's ok [4].

1. https://itsfoss.com/author/shirish/  [one published, 3 more to go]
2. https://flossexperiences.wordpress.com/2019/03/05/celebrating-science-day-at-gmrt-and-wsf/
3. https://debutsav.in/
4. https://blends.debian.org/blends/

Let me know if there is something more that you would like me to add
to the article.

--
          Regards,
          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल