Re: State of Debian blends, notes and questions on debian-ezgo

On Fri, Feb 15, 2019 at 11:52:38AM +0100, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> Quoting Andreas Tille (2019-02-15 08:50:44)
> > From the beginning I disliked that name since I considered it
> > misleading but I lost a vote with other contributors and had no better
> > name suggestion myself.  You will not believe how hard I had to fight
> > against this misleading name (those who invented the name drifted soon
> > after to other projects ;-P ).  In 2008 I lost my nerves and decided
> > to rename again.  BTW, my prefered name again was not the choice we
> > have now but I think it is way better than Custom Debian
> > Distributions.  The only common thing is that the vote was also quite
> > dominated by non-contributors. ;-P
>
> Thanks for the backstory, Andreas.
>
> I am to blame for the current name.

Its not really that I blame you about.  It was my second favourite
suggestion and I can perfectly live with it.  I'm blaming others
(definitely not you) to show up for the only purpose to decide on a name
and than vanish.  (All people who keep on reading after so many years
are clearly not vanished so non of the readers of this mail are to be
blamed. ;-) )

> Nowadays I don't use MoinMoin myself any longer, but the Debian wiki is
> a huge task to convert to anything else.

I do not think that the technique itself is the reason that lots of
outdated information is in our Wiki.  Its the fact that people
(including me) do not really care about documentation.