State of Debian blends, notes and questions on debian-ezgo

Hi all,

Please CC as I'm not subscribed to the list.

I have been a user of Debian for about a decade or so and am looking
an introductory article on the debian-pure blends concept for
itsfoss.com [1] . It can be seen that I have been writing about
Debian-related topics for sometime.  For research I looked into [2]
and [3] as well as [4] to have some more understanding of where things
stand, seeing last 6-8 months of discussions on the lists.

I did remove some obsolete documentation from the wiki trivial IMHO
[5] [6] . I am somewhat stumped by [7]  which links to DebianPAN [8]
but is not listed in blends-tasks [9],  more precisely in -

$ cat /usr/share/tasksel/descs/debian-blends-tasks.desc

The debian-blends-tasks.desc has no info. about what the Debian-PAN
blend is all about. Either a bug or an oversight ?

@ Frankling Weng - could you share the github repo. of the ezgo repo.
at github and what is the state of the rewrite of the phet simulations
as shared in [10]  - more precisely -

" https://phet.colorado.edu/
Simulations for math/science/biology/... etc.  Simulations were
created by Java applets and flash before, and now they are rewriting
them in HTML5.
We have offline versions of their simulations in our ezgo system, so
that kids without network can play too.

However the whole offline packages are more than 700MB and after
gzip'ed it was more than 500 MB too. "

- Franklin Weng

I do see that there has been some effort in getting HTML 5 simulations
[11] but could not get/find a way to get screenshots. Please let me
know if there is a gallery somewhere I could use to showcase some of
the work being done.

Look forward to getting more info.

1. https://itsfoss.com/author/shirish/
2. https://www.debian.org/blends/