Distinction between "BLEND" and "DERIVATIVE"

I have a mental image of an ideal Debian "thingy"
Is my "thingy" a "blend" or "derivative"?

My working definition is that *ALL* packages in "thingy" *SHALL* be in the then current "stable" repository.

Debian vainly attempts to be all things to all persons all of the time.

My goal is optimal solution for specific individual at a specific time.

My constraint is that if one might want to convert "thingy" to current default, a less than "x line" bash script would be trivial.

Where should I ask?
Thank you