Re: Blend Homepage Debian Edu

Hi Andreas,

On Mon, Apr 08, 2019 at 10:13:41AM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> I have no idea what `jekyll build` is doing.  I never touched jekyll
> (neither in this context or somewhere else) so probably somebody else
> has added that feature and the mailing list is the place to discuss
> this. :-)

It's about generating/maintaining Blend wesite pages, see:
https://salsa.debian.org/blends-team/website
and these instructions:

https://salsa.debian.org/blends-team/website/blob/master/README-www.txt

This file has been added 2015-05-15 by Iain R. Learmonth.

The config file used by jekyll: www-src/_config.yml

About jekyll:
https://packages.debian.org/en/buster/jekyll
'man jekyll': Jekyll - is a blogaware, static site generator.

The man page online (Ubuntu, older version, but no difference to 'man
jekyll' on Debian Buster):
http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/cosmic/man1/jekyll.1.html

As far as I can tell, the save way would be to keep www/ and www-src/ in
sync to avoid accidentally removing existing Blends pages if someone
uses 'jekyll build' according to the README file.

(I noticed this while working on the Debian Edu Blend pages; for those I
kept www/ and www-src in sync.)

The Edu pages are now showing more information then just links to
'tasks' and 'mailing list stats', see:
https://blends.debian.org/edu/

Wolfgang

(Please don't Cc me.)