Re: What Maintainer for ezgo?

Hi Franklin,

On Sun, Dec 23, 2018 at 03:45:24PM +0800, Franklin Weng wrote:
> > On Wed, Dec 05, 2018 at 11:42:06PM +0800, Franklin Weng wrote:
> >> Awesome, thanks!  It's late night now, and I'll go to Japan on Friday, so
> >> I'll do it as soon as possible…
>
> Now I've cleaned up and tuned the contents of debian-ezgo.  I can turn a
> Debian Stretch system with KDE Plasma desktop into ezgo with several
> packages.  (But there are still something we may need to adjust manually.)

Thanks for working on this.

> I'd like to get the sources back to Debian ezgo git.  I have several
> questions:
>
> 1. For some of the debian-ezgo packages, mostly the public domain
> educational resources like PhET, contain big (compressed) files.  For
> example, ezgo-phet contains a very big file (around 350MB) which is the
> PhET Simulations offline version.  I won't commit it into debian git
> anymore, but any suggestion to install it?

I'm not sure what might be the question here.  My original question was
the set of metapackages that results from the ezgo package source with
the Blends tasks files.  I have no idea what PhET might be but it seems
to be something that should be packaged as a separate source package.
If it is for educational purposes it might sense to seek contact with
debian-edu team.

> 2. Do I have to remove everything in debian-ezgo repository and put the
> newest code into it?  Or any better suggestions?

I se no real reason to remove the old Git repository.  Why not cloning
it and if you have diverged to much (which I hope will not happen in
future to often) simply use one (or more) mass commits that make sense.
Its hard to wild guess what might be the most sensible strategy since
I have no idea what you want to commit.

> After committing back you may evaluate if the packages are capable of
> being a part of Debian.

Yes.  But please distinguish between

   1. Separate software with its own homepage that should be provided
      as packages
   2. The EzGO Blends package which is maintained by Debian.