Next attempt to add Blends to Debian installer

Filippo Rusconi <lopippo@debian.org> writes:
> Also, when I installed debian-science and debichem last time, the process
> downloaded such an amount of software that it almost filled my disk (which I was
> not suspecting). Maybe, a rough indication of the used disk space in front of
> each blend might be useful, in this respect.

I would not include debian-science to the blends listed in the
installer: it is more an umbrella to organize the packages then a useful
selection of software. The software selection is also inconsitent: it
only contains software that is not maintained by a more specialized
blend (like debichem).

So, there is probably no real use case to install Debian Science in its
current form (unless someone takes the work to kurate a "Generic Debian
Science Workstation" or so).

On our last attempt, we had an opt-in for the blends to be in the
installer; I would propose the same now as well.

Cheers

Ole