Re: change proposal for handling of Depends: field in task files

[Ole Streicher]
> Sorry, I don't see the big problem here: The first step is anyway just
> to extend blends-dev to accept "Recommends" aside of "Depends", which
> should be simply enough. Then, the only disagreement is that I propose
> to have a required Format: line in the tasks header; this should be
> trivial enough as well (as long as we agree on the URL itself).
>
> This additional line even works if the URL is not valid yet -- but gives
> us some additional pressure to create an up-do-date format description
> (which is IMO not the worst thing).

I guess what Andreas really is wondering about is who is going to do the
work, not how hard it would be. :) I agree that it sound fairly easy to
do, but it is unlikely that I will find time to do it myself any time
soon. :(

> So, what about
>
> Format: https://blends.debian.org/doc/0.7/tasksformat.html
>
> (blends-doc has currently version 0.6.98; 0.7 would be the logical
> next step)

I believe it is a good idea to not link the format version and the
package version, and would suggest to either start with a version number
0 or 1 for the format.  Locking the two together would give us an
incetive to not change the version number of the package without making
large changes to the task format, which seem like a bad idea to me.

Also, I believe the version number should be at the end of the URL, to
make it obvious that it is possible to get a list all versions by
removing the last part.

What about something like
'Format: https://blends.debian.org/doc/tasksformat/0/' instead?  Or
perhaps version '0 is the old moving target, and version '1' is the
first one we document?

--
Happy hacking
Petter Reinholdtsen