Re: Blends integration into the Debian Installer

Quoting Ole Streicher (2016-05-24 15:33:31)
> Jonas Smedegaard <dr@jones.dk> writes:
>> Quoting Ole Streicher (2016-05-24 14:48:22)

>>> Could you put this into the tasks files of the blends?
>>
>> Sorry, I don't understand: Please elaborate.
>>
>> NB! Above blends are built using boxer, not blends-dev - is "tasks
>> files" perhaps something specific to blends-dev?

[discussion on generic activation snipped: see other subthread]

> BTW, Since the debian-blends-task.desc was created from what I found
> in https://www.debian.org/blends/ and DebianParl was not listed as
> having metapackages, it is currently missing in the
> debian-blends-tasks.desc file (the same for Debian Design and
> FreedomBox). So, if DebianParl should be included there: could you add
> its section to the file, or send me a patch?
>
> If DebianParl uses metapackages, it would be also good to have a link
> to a web representation of these in https://www.debian.org/blends/;
> this would IMO make the blend more transparent.

I guess the reason for those blends missing at www.debian.org page is
related to disputes on a) whether only metapackages can be blends, and
b) if blends not yet in stable should be listed.  It seems to me that at
least the latter of those disputes is orthogonal to the work of listing
blends as options in debian-installer.

NB! I do not mean to rehash those disputes here, nor complain about the
omission of blends in your recent work.

Where is that debian-blends-task.desc file that you ask me to update?
If it is part of the blends-dev source package, then could we please
move that file to somewhere independent of our different build tools?

 - Jonas